Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monty Python and the Timeless Tale of Procrastination

So like a typical college student, exploring YouTube is one of my favorite pastimes. I’m way too addicted to the website – I can watch basically anything that I want on it including music videos, interviews, or a baby elephant who’s scared of his own sneeze (this is my current favorite).

What I tend to watch over and over again, though, are clips from my favorite movies or television shows. One film that never gets old is Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or any Monty Python sketch for that matter). I adore Monty Python – their sketches never fail to entertain me.



In particular, one of my favorite Monty Python productions is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I actually saw the musical adaptation, Spamalot, before I saw the original film. After seeing the show, I knew that I had to watch the original – and I loved it.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is loosely based off of King Arthur’s journey to find the Holy Grail (the title is pretty self-explanatory). King Arthur (Graham Chapman) sets out to enlist his Knights of the Round Table (played by Monty Python members John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin), encountering several obstacles along the way. Once he reaches Camelot, he and his knights are instructed by God to find the Holy Grail. Of course, hijinks ensue as the men search for the object.



Although Monty Python and the Holy Grail is a fairly old film (it was released in 1975), it truly is timeless. I absolutely love this film, and I’ve seen it countless times. The Black Knight, Constitutional Peasants, and French Taunters never get old, and are scenes that you want to watch over and over again. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or any Monty Python film as a matter of fact, is a must-see!


No comments:

Post a Comment