Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hype! Aliens! Prometheus!

Do you like aliens?!

Me neither!

However, if you asked me if I would see the upcoming, super-hyped sci-fi film Prometheus then I would definitely say yes. Check out the trailer that was released about a week ago:

Are you confused as to what this movie is about?!

Me too!

However, do I really need to know what it's about? Not really. Everything I need to know to see this movie is in the trailer. So let's go over some things that may sway your decision to see this film:

  1. Ridley Scott. The director of such films as Alien, American Gangster, Blade Runner, Thelma & Louise, and Gladiator. If you saw any common theme in those films, then you're a genius. Scott's directing credits are about as varied as this film's cast, and he's done every film very well. Which brings me to the next few points: the cast.
  2. Michael Fassbender. I recently came to the conclusion that Michael Fassbender can do no wrong. Every film he has been in recently has blown me away. His performance in Shame was beautiful/horrifying/amazing, and he was definitely snubbed at the Oscars this year. Aside from that film, he starred in the film Hunger (2008) which is way more painful to watch than you think it might be. You can watch him on Netflix right now in the film Fish Tank which garnered him a great amount of praise and helped him explode in the past few years. Recently, he made appearances in some less-indie films such as X-Men: First Class as Magneto, filling the big shoes of Sir Ian McKellan, and in Haywire, in which he had a pretty bomb fight scene.
  3. Noomi Rapace. Did you see the original Swedish Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? If you haven't, you need to (hint: all on Netflix). I personally thought it was much better than its American counterpart, but I may be biased because I'm obsessed with Sweden. Nevertheless, Noomi Rapace killed it as Lisbeth Salander. I'm very excited to see her in an American film (because I skipped that last Sherlock Holmes movie...).
  4. Charlize Theron. HELLO. It's Charlize Theron. May or may not be one of the most beautiful people on earth. Hilarious in every interview ever. South African. Monster. I also may or may not want to be her best friend.
  5. Aliens. Apparently aliens are in right now. The last two years or so have seen countless alien movies (a majority of them pretty terrible) such as: Skyline, Battle: LA, Battleship, Avatar, District 9, Super 8, the Transformers trilogy, The Darkest Hour, The Thing remake, and Apollo 18. You may think Hollywood is beating aliens to death, and you would probably be right. However, if anyone can bring aliens back from the dead, it would be Ridley Scott. Or James Cameron (but that already happened). 
Therefore, I hope you'll join me to see this film on June 9! See you there or see you never.
-S

p.s. Do you think you'll see Prometheus? Why or why not? Feel free to comment!


1 comment:

  1. Reason #6 to watch Prometheus: Fassbender/Theron dynamic chemistry. What happens when an immovable object(Theron) meets with an unstoppable force(Fassbender)? Greatness happens...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-y95CNezk

    ReplyDelete