Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Series of Unfortunate Sequels: Star Wars 3d

Welcome to the Concession Stand. A blog for film in all of its aspects, from plot to producers. Between the five writers of this site, all varieties and ages of films will be examined and explored.

I would like to start my first post with talking about my experience of seeing Star Wars: Episode One- The Phantom Menace 3D! I have been looking forward for the release of this film, released originally in 1999. I can remember seeing it then, and couldn't wait for the in theater 3d experience. And I don't know if you guys remember the pod race, but I know that was what I was most looking forward to.

So, one tuesday night, I purchased tickets and went to see the film with a friend. Got there, picked up my glasses, headed to the theater, popped those shades of 3d glory on, sat back, and waited. And waited. And waited. Soon...it started! It STARTED!! From the opening credits, I was a 3d Star Wars devotee. And the pod race...I'm telling you, this movie is worth spending the money on seeing.

So, a fortunate turn on Star Wars: Episode One; but it still is not the most exciting of all Star Wars movies. For some reason, I just always want that one to end a little sooner, always seems so dragged out. But now, with 3d, you don't mind. It's just more awesome 3d action time.

I say Go! for this re-edit of Star Wars, what do you say?


No comments:

Post a Comment