Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Lorax 3D

Now...let me just start by saying I am a complete and total sucker for 3D anything. So today, as I tried to decide what to see with my free time, I noticed that the lorax was in theaters. I had made a note to myself to see this movie months ago; the advertisement drew me in with a promise of cotton candy colors, 3D adventure, and Danny DeVito. Yea, that is right, Danny DeVito plays the Lorax himself.

Look how cute and bossy!

So, I get to the theater with a friend in tow, to have the place to ourselves. Literally, just us. Awesome! Shoes off, glasses on, popcorn out, let the credits start!

So, I sit back and go through the first ten minutes, I love it. And then the singing starts...Whoever wrote the score and theme to this film should be out of a job. Not one song was enjoyable. Also, the plot of this film, such a downer! It's about a man who ruins the world essentially, and in the last five minutes there is a slight glimmer that maybe, just maybe, it will turn around.


But, in the end, all said and done would I say go see this film? Yes, why not! The 3D was great, the little animals were adorable, it had its fun and humor for adults, and going to the movies is worth it just for the snacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment