Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Spicy Pixar Classic: Ratatouille

As a picky eater growing up, it hadn't been until college that I really began to enjoy food.  I had often heard the cliche saying growing up, "You'll never know if you don't try it".  A discipline I am very thankful my mom trained me to do.  Though I have eaten my share of terrible food, it is by this philosophy one finds the edible gems our world affords us.  Likewise, even if the idea of rats in the kitchen may turn many off to seeing this film. This is what I propose all to do with Ratatouille.

Ratatouille is the story of a less than likely chef, a rat.  Remy (voice acted by Patton Oswalt), son of his fathers mice clan, has a strangely intense affinity for food.  Sneaking around in kitchens and watching the famous 5 star french chef Gusteau teach recipes on living room televisions, as a young mouse Remy was not like the other mice who took safety in dumpsters and alleys.  Fueled by his passion, and incredible heightened senses, it isn't long until Remy begins to cook Gusteau's very own restaurant with the help of a young unexperienced boy named Linguini (voice acted by Lou Ramano).

Watched this movie?  What'd you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment